The overview «RECOVERY PRODUCTS in comparison»
Functional & tasty! The new functional PROTEIN DRINK combines the two traditional brands SPONSER and EMMI and stands for highest functionality, taste and Swiss quality.
PROTEIN DRINK is a protein-based dietary supplement. A protein-rich diet supports the building and maintenance of muscle mass. A regular protein intake throughout the day is recommended, as the body is constantly building up and breaking down body protein.
The high-quality whey or milk protein, respectively, contains all essential amino acids and helps prevent the breakdown of muscle mass. This can be caused by poor nutrition, lack of physical activity and age-related loss of muscle mass (sarcopenia). PROTEIN DRINK also supports training in terms of recovery and the building of powerful muscle mass.
The tasty PROTEIN DRINK can be easily integrated into everyday life as a practical and high-quality nutritional supplement: As breakfast on-the-go, delicious snack and, of course, after training as a regeneration drink.
PROTEIN DRINK consists of high-quality Swiss milk ingredients and is produced in Switzerland. It contains no added sugar and is lactose-free, making it also suitable for people with lactose intolerance. Can be stored at ambient temperature (UHT), but tastes best chilled.
Intense workouts and competitions empty energy stores and weaken the muscles. The right nutrition enhances performance and significantly reduces recovery time. To ensure optimal recovery after prolonged endurance sports, carbohydrate and protein should be consumed in a ratio of about 3:1 to 4:1. Carbohydrates fill up glycogen stores while protein supports muscle recovery and maintenance. Our formulas are enriched with adequate amounts of micronutrients, such as vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals, depending on the use.
The amount of carbohydrates may be reduced during low carb diet periods or for shorter workouts that demand less energy but are still hard on the muscles. Pure protein products may also be used for regeneration depending on the situation or metabolism/nutrition related goals.This depends on your individual diet after exercising and also on you specific metabolism- and nutritional targets. In particular endurance athletes often underestimate their protein requirements and associate protein supplementation with muscle growth and weightlifting rather than its significance for muscle maintenance. SPONSER® offers a wide range of regeneration products, such as drinks, shakes, regeneration bars and supplements.17. 04. 2020
To Article »
What is the difference between RECOVERY SHAKE, RECOVERY DRINK and PRO RECOVERY?
SPONSER offers a range of recovery drinks that are suitable for quick regeneration after hard endurance exertion. A quick overview is provided by this table comparison of our regeneration drinks.
Basics on regeneration in endurance sports
From a nutritional point of view, endurance athletes primarily need carbohydrates and protein following exercise. However, it is virtually impossible to determine the exact amount and ratio of carbohydrates and protein required for each type of exercise. There are too many individual and situational factors involved. For example, the utilisation rate of food intake alone is different for each individual.
However, there are a few rules of thumb that should be adhered to in order to promote recovery:
• 50-60 g carbohydrates per hour after an energetically demanding load, every hour until the next main meal.
• Each main meal should contain 20-30 g protein.
• Take a late meal (possibly also without carbohydrates) with slow protein (for example CASEIN or MULTI PROTEIN) to bridge the night phase.
• Goal: Take one serving of protein every 3-4 hours. A dose of approx. 20-30 g is the necessary trigger amount to optimally support protein synthesis, i.e. recovery.
RECOVERY SHAKE, RECOVERY DRINK and PRO RECOVERY by SPONSER® are equally suitable for recovery or muscle building. The shakes differ primarily in their carbohydrate content and functionality. Briefly described, the shakes differ as follows:
• PRO RECOVERY and RECOVERY SHAKE both deliver approx. 20-25 g protein per prepared portion. PRO RECOVERY, in contrast to RECOVERY SHAKE, contains significantly less carbohydrates, so that the carbohydrates can be added according to hunger or need (bar, banana, pasta, etc.). Depending on the training goal (e.g. low glycogen training) or also for physiological reasons (body weight) it is advisable to reduce the carbohydrates in a certain training phase.
PRO RECOVERY is, as the name suggests, even more geared towards professional and ambitious athletes. It consists of a broad protein mixture with quickly and slowly available protein sources including colostrum, and offers higher convenience through lower drinking volume and its preparation with water. PRO RECOVERY with its functional ingredients delivers the highest possible quality in the regeneration area and is also suitable for taking shortly before strength training or hard units.
• RECOVERY SHAKE is more satiating and tastier for many grace to its preparation with milk, but it also provides significantly more carbohydrates, which is ideal for classic muscle build-up but also for energetic regeneration.
• RECOVERY DRINK is intended for the first replenishment of the energy stores at the competition or training site, or in the changing room. It provides a light, well-tolerated first portion shortly after the end of a performance in a comfortable portion sachet, and is designed for preparation with water. In combination with AMINO 12500, RECOVERY DRINK is an ideal recovery product in competitive situations.
Author: Remo Jutzeler
Head R&D SPONSER SPORT FOOD
Ing. Applied Food Sciences FH
MAS Nutrition & Health ETHZ
To Article »